Oral/E-Poster presentation instructions
Oral presentations should last 7 min plus 3 min for discussion. Presenting authors are required to prepare a PowerPoint presentation of their paper. Files are accepted on flash drives, previously scanned by antivirus software. Presentation slides must be uploaded on the session computers in the special room (“Speaker room”) not later than 2 hours before the starting hour of the presentation. Session IT specialists will be there to help.
Oral E-Poster Presentations
What is an Electronic Poster or E-Poster?
An E-Poster is an electronic version of the traditional boards, where the material for oral presentation displayed on monitor screens using Power Point slides. E-Poster may include text, figures, tables and images and no video/animations.
How is an E-Poster is presented?
Oral E-posters should be presented in special halls. Generally, the author is allotted not more than 4 min. The presenter operates the slide show using a wheel mouse. The presentation is viewed on the monitor screen.
How to create an E-Poster?
Please use PowerPoint 2003, 2007 or 2010 and save as «file name.ppt» or «file name.pptx».
E-Poster Presentation requirements
• The number of slides should be limited to 8 (the 9th additional slide with “Thank you for your attention” is prohibited).
• The text should be clear and concise. Please use Arial (sans-serif) or standard Times New Roman font.
• Minimum suggested font size: is 24 point size; and 32 point size for titles.
• One-colour background is required.
• Make sure your text and background have a large contrast: bright blue on a white background is recommended.
• No italics or underlined italics are allowed.
• Avoid multicolour slides – do not ornament slides.
• Add empty lines between paragraphs or top indents.
• Use subtitles.
Recommended presentation structure:
Slide 1: Paper title, names of the author and co-authors.
Slide 2: Aims and objectives of the study.
Slides 3, 4: Material and methods.
Slide 5, 6, 7: Results.
Slide 8: Findings and conclusion.
Slide format requirements:
• Titles should reflect the content
• Round numerical values of your results
• Provide charts and histograms with scales
• Axis of data presented in the graphic should be indicated
• You can use images of one resolution
• All photos, images, graphs and tables must have titles
• Shorten the text of Results and/or Conclusions – retain the core
• Reduce tables – do no use large ones
• Use general abbreviations, such as for example, CHD, CABG, LV, etc.
• Do not include footnotes
• Please do not include audio, video and animated files in your E-Poster presentation
• When opened the content should be presented on 8 slides
Video presentation instructions:
Video presentation is to be submitted as a special abstract category through the abstract submission system. Video presentation should last not more than 10 min. Video materials ate to be converted into WMV format.